Use this hospital checklist while choosing a hospital for childbirth.
Preparing for a new child requires every parent to make many choices. This includes considering the options you have for labor and delivery. There are many things to learn about your possible delivery facilities. Hospitals offer a wide variety of options and choices for moms-to-be. Use this checklist to determine which facility is best for your growing family.
- Does the hospital have a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) in case of emergency or if you are a high risk pregnancy?
- Does the hospital offer private recovery suites? Is there room for visitors?
- What sort of technology is available for monitoring mother and baby?
- How many people will you be allowed to have in the labor and delivery room with you?
- Will your baby room with you around the clock or go to a nursery?
- What accommodations are offered for husbands or partners?
- What is the hospital stance on breastfeeding and what lactation support is available?
- What are the visiting hours for family and friends?
- What sort of classes and support are offered during pregnancy and after birth?
- Can mothers pre-register for delivery ahead of time?
- What will you need to bring with you (supplies, medical records, other identification)?
- What pain management medications are available?
- What amenities are available to mother and guests during recovery?
You want the best for your baby, so gather as much information as you can about your birth facility. Medical Center Arlington would love to be your choice for childbirth. Learn more about the amenities and options available to you in Women’s Services: 3 floors of dedicated birthing space. Click here to learn more about the childbirth support offered through Medical Center Arlington. For a physician referral, please call 1-855-868-6262.