Age and wisdom are often linked, so use your smarts to stay healthy as you age.
This September, celebrate Healthy Aging Month by making smart choices and focusing on your health. Read these tips and remember that it is never too late to make smart health and nutrition choices. Just a few health-conscious changes can make all the difference to your health, mobility and daily routine.
- Stay up-to-date on doctor's appointments and medication prescriptions.
- Center your meals around high-fiber fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Stay hydrated even if you don’t feel thirsty; as you age you are more prone to dehydration.
- Discuss a moderate exercise routine with your doctor; walking and swimming are good choices.
- Keep physical therapy appointments and discuss any mobility issues with your physician.
- Make an effort to socialize and stay involved in your community to increase regular activity in your day.
- Go to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday to prevent sleeping problems or insomnia.
- Get all recommended vaccinations and screenings for cancer and other health problems.
- Try new recipes, take a class, spend time on puzzles or play games regularly to keep your mind active.
- Connect with your family often and get some exercise watching the grandchildren!
Medical Center Arlington offers the medical treatments, screenings, physical therapy appointments and preventative care necessary to keep you healthy and active. Be sure to visit our online library for more tips about healthy aging. If you need a physician referral, please call 1-855-868-6262.