Find out the important benefits of a da Vinci hysterectomy.
Did you know that as many as one in three women have a hysterectomy by age 60? This surgery used to require invasive techniques and large incisions, resulting in a long hospital stay and painful recovery. Considering how common and invasive this surgery can be, Medical Center Arlington is pleased to offer the option of a da Vinci hysterectomy. Using a specialized robotic surgery platform, this new hysterectomy procedure offers both patients and their surgeons a number of important benefits.
What are the benefits of da Vinci hysterectomy?
The benefits of da Vinci hysterectomy include:
- Very small incisions
- Less scarring
- A lower chance of infection, blood loss or other complications
- More precise control and movement for the surgeon
- Significantly less pain and discomfort
- A very short hospital stay
- A faster recovery
- A faster return to normal activities