An emergency can occur at any time. By definition, you won’t be ready! There are things you can do to be better prepared ahead of time. Knowing which items to bring to the ER — and where to find them — can save time, stress, and confusion.
Know before you have to go:
- Contact your insurance company to find out which hospitals are in your network.
- Keep your insurance card handy and up-to-date.
- Always have cash and credit cards in case you need transportation home or a snack from the vending machine.
- Maintain a list of medications and doses for all members of your family.
- Carry contact information for your primary physician, other specialists, and family members.
- Write down questions and concerns on a notepad so you don’t forget to ask the doctor anything.
Comfort is key:
- Bring a book or other activity to keep you occupied while waiting.
- Children may want to bring a favorite toy or something else to comfort them.
Leave at home:
- Don’t bring valuables that may get misplaced during emergency care.
- Leave children with a sitter if possible.
The ER at Medical Center Arlington is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Arlington works closely with the ambulance system to begin urgent care even before the patient arrives at the hospital. Check us out online to learn more about the top-notch care at Medical Center Arlington. You can check ER wait times online, too. We strive to treat patients as quickly as possible for the very best in compassionate, efficient care. Our wait times are updated on a rolling average every 30 minutes. Medical Center Arlington is here for you when an emergency strikes. We’re ready — are you?